Sunday, September 26, 2010

What a day

So the last couple of days i have had this feeling of my stomach tightening sorta like he was just pushing his little body outwards, so i didn't really think anything of it. Well yesterday morning after i ate breakfast i had about 3. So i called my mom and she told me just to lay down and see if they go away. Well they didn't go away so i was timing them and had about 5 within that hour. So i called a nurse and explained the feeling and what was going. She asked me how far along i was and when i said almost 35 weeks she told me if i keep having anymore to come in. So i layed down and drank some water and still had them. Eric's mom called me and said that if they are the Braxton Hicks then usually getting up and going for a walk or doing something around the house should make them go away. So me and eric got up and decided to go for a walk, apparently that isn't the best thing to do haha. So while we were on our walk i had about 3. Called the nurse again and it was a different one so she basically just told me the same thing. They weren't hurting me at all they were just uncomfortable so i figured i would wait it out and see how i slept and what would happen today. I slept great so i thought maybe it was just that day or whatever. Well i had breakfast and within that half hour i had about 4 so me and my mom decided we better go down to the hospital just in case.

So they hooked me up to the monitor and checked me and i wasn't dialated at all. I was thinned but she didn't want to check me for too long since that can start to dialate it. So i layed there for about an hour and she came in and said my contractions were pretty consistent, and they were about 3-4 min apart. So she gave me a shot of Trebutaline (sp) Once that kicked in my contractions were flat. I didn't have any for about 30 min. So Dr. Breintenbach came in said just to take it easy, then noticed my contractions were starting up again, so he sent me home with a prescription of the Trebutaline. I basically just have to take it easy and not do anything that would put me into labor. We are both doing great, other than i HATE the way this medicine makes me feel, but i know he is so much better inside than out. It definately has been a nerve racking morning but everything is good and i will try and keep everyone updated :) I think my little boy might be here sooner than we thought....:)

6 comments:

Peg said...

Bless your heart. I love you so much and cant wait for that baby to get here but am willing to wait a few more weeks. lol. I think hes anxious to see his family. Take it easy and everything will be fine. Love you!!

Becky said...

Oh man! What a day. I hope you feel better. Try to keep him cooking for a few more weeks.

The Harrison's said...

that's just two weeks after I went into labor with jaycen. only my water broke... i was just standing there and i thought i wet myself... BUT...nope it just kept coming and coming, so I went to the hospital and I had him the next morning. I had to be life flighted to slc to have him though. Good luck, try and keep him in there, it's no fun having them early, jaycen had to be in the NBICU for 16 days after he was born, so we had to go back and forth from slc to vernal (while moving). keep us updated, can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Unknown said...

aah! I'm so excited for him to come!

Michele and Wyatt said...

I'm glad that you went in to the hospital. Hopefully Aiden can stay in there for at least a couple more weeks. Good luck with everything. It is such an exciting new adventure for you. You will be a great mom.

alesha said...

Eeek! I cannot believe you're about to have a baby! He is going to be ADORABLE! I love the name Aiden too =)