Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Torn....

So for the last couple of weeks me and eric have been talking about moving. We don't have a specific reason why, it's just kind of been in our minds. Eric got a new job at Halliburton and he hates it. All i do is sit at home, i don't go anywhere. I know that Aiden is only 6 weeks and i'm not saying i want to just go places all the time. We have no friends here, it seems like as soon as you get married or have kids they just drop you......If we moved, there would be alot we would have to sacrifice. We would have to sell our car, our dogs, and maybe even other things. We feel like if we were to stay here the only way we could make a good living is if Eric moves up in his job, which might take 5 or 10 years, and we really don't want to just rely on the oil field our whole life. Salt lake however has more options but the pay sucks. Eric would go to school and i would have to get a job, but i feel like if we want make the living that we want then that's what it will take. I hate decisions, especially something as big as this. I am scared that growing Aiden up in Salt Lake might not be the best decision, but also, he is going to have trials in his life no matter where he lives. I feel like we could start over and make new friends, and meet new people. I would miss our families so much if we moved, and i love how close we are to lakes, and camping, and how fun vernal is in summer. I just want to do what's best for our family.

Any opinions would be great :)

8 comments:

Reeves Family said...

The best way to get an answer is to fast and pray with your heart. Of course we would love to have you closer :)

Becky said...

Life decisions are hard. School is always a great choice. You will never regret that. Ogden is wonderful and I would babysit that little guy for sure! Love you both.

Stan & Ash said...

Move to orem and rent/or buy my house!!!!


but yes...pray and fast...
i know when we were deciding to move we really have to push away the fear of a being in unknown territory and being away from family...once we did that we got a clear answer of where we should be...Good luck!

logcabins said...

My dear, Brandi,
Some times you have to make a decision then fast and pray! as you are praying you will receive your answer
if its the right thing to do... from our experience a wonderful warm feeling comes over us if its right for us. If it isn't right we have a void feeling... then we humble our self and ask the Lord what He wants us to do. Fast and pray for that answer. We know the Lord hears and answers prayers!! It may not be what we want... in the long run His answer is always RIGHT!! I wish you all were here at our house NOW I'd HUG YOU ALL!! Please, don't think we are being too, well you know what we mean. Love, Aunt Bert

Peg said...

I know everyone is telling you to pray and fast and that is a good thing to do, but Im simply going to say what I feel. I dont want you to move. I want to be able to see that baby grow up. But if you do end up moving I will be happy for you if you are happy. I love you.

Unknown said...

I think you need to ponder and pray and yeah fasting is good -- you will know what is the right decision though if it makes sense in both your mind and your heart. If it doesn't then you shouldn't do it. I think everyone has had to make that 'step of faith' like in Indiana Jones when he steps off what looks like a cliff and it is a hidden path. We have to do the same sometimes. Making a decision one way or the other is scary. But if it makes sense and feels right in your heart do whatever that decision that is. Everyone loves you and will let you know how they feel and that isn't a bad thing at all but at the same time don't let that keep you from following a dream you guys may have. Obviously if you are contemplating a change then it may not be a bad thing besides by the time Eric gets done with school little aiden will still be little aiden (but not as little as baby aiden) and you guys may move to some other area again after eric graduates. But ultimately I would encourage you guys to discuss it amoungst yourself just you and eric....then weight the pros and the cons.... then if you feel so inclinded then do the pondering praying and fasting....andthe Lord will give you an answer that will make sense in the mind and heart. Then make your choice. Easy huh???

Peg said...

Brandi, I certainly hope you dont think I was trying to tell you what to do because I said I dont want you to move. I want you to be happy and to do what is right for you and Eric and Aiden. I love you very much and want what is best for you.I have told you before that I didnt want you to move but that should be the least of your considerations. I know you will make the right decision, whatever it is and I will be happy with it.Anyone out there that thinks Im telling her what to do is just plain wrong. I know they will do what is right for them and I will be happy with it.

Chelsie Jensen said...

I agree with everyone's answers about praying and pondering. Being grown ups isn't always fun isn't it? There going to be different challenges no matter where you live. Life is to be enjoyed and if you aren't happy where you are then some thing may have to change. If you feel like you need to move to be happy then I say go for it :) Good luck with your decision!